How to get more organic traffic to your website09/08/2019
Web APP: How much does it cost to develop an application?10/08/2019
Creating a blog is not difficult at all. Now it’s easier than ever, with numerous platform providers like Blogger or WordPress. Its success, on the other hand, is based solely on the content of the blog and writing. More difficult thing to implement in the action, especially as a beginner. Together we will go through all the criteria on which a blog is based and we will reveal the secrets behind its success.
1. The Content of the Blog
The content of a blog is the most important element. Regardless of the degree to which you respect the other criteria, quality content will save your blog and attract as many readers. If we are talking about a company, then the content must be closely related to the subject. That is, the field of activity, the products or services offered and the needs and interests of the target audience.
Blogging is a marketing tool! Use it as such. Enter in your articles references to your products or services and even encouragement to get in touch with you. The urges to use the website and view pages will motivate your readers to find out what you have to offer.
The more time a user spends on your website, the higher your SEO score and position in organic results. So write long and interesting articles to captivate your audience.
Content elements such as images, galleries, icons, videos, and text boxes spice the content to the blog as opposed to a simple block of text. Although tempting, don’t overdo it with the ad inserts. Even though the chances of someone clicking on them are higher when they are inserted in the middle of the content, they are annoying to users. It spoils the immersion and leaves a bitter taste.
2. The Layout of the Blog
The appearance is another detail of utmost importance. Although there are many blogs with very good quality content, some of them have a very simple, unadulterated or even poor and ugly design. A nice look will encourage new readers to come back to the blog and differentiate you from the competition or other similar pages.
There is no need for a revolutionary design. But just pleasant, caring and easy to follow. The distance between the elements and the text should be visible without distractions.
3. Search Engine Optimization
There are several ways a user can reach your blog. Through social networks, via live chat, email marketing or even directly from the website if there is one. However, the most effective way to get traffic is through SEO optimization. We will not explain what SEO optimization is in this article, but we will only define the important criteria to be followed.
- Minimum 300 words, recommended 900. Any article under 300 words is not index properly by the search engines. It is the first and most important optimization criterion.
- Keyword / phrase density between 1% and 2.5%. For 300 words it would mean that the key phrase has between 4 and 8 occurrences in the text. Ideally, every 100 words add one more occurrence.
- Use pictures. Although hard to believe, Google and any other search engine prioritize image pages. Add the key phrase in the other tag of the images.
- Enter heading with the key phrase. The long paragraphs should be separated by a subtitle (h1, h2, h3 …). The key phrase is placed in half of the subtitles.
- Place the key phrase at the beginning of the page title and the URL.
- Place the key phrase at the beginning of the first paragraph of the article.
- Add meta description with key phrase. Meta descriptions should be completed for all blog articles.
- Don’t use the same keywords multiple times.
- Add internal and external links. Internal links are links to other pages on the blog / website and external links are links to other websites.
- Distribute keywords evenly.
4. The structure of the Blog
The blog should be beautifully structured and easy to navigate. Use categories and tags for your articles. On the first blog page, add filters so that the user can easily browse through the articles of interest. At the end of an article, you can put some suggestions on what the reader can see next. Obviously, they must be in the same sphere as the article that is now. A search function is recommended.
These are the most important criteria for success with your blog. It is a marketing tool and will help you take your business to a new level. Don’t forget to share your blog content on social media. Both new and old articles can be distributed to capture new readers or remind loyal readers of an article they missed or postponed reading.